The Bodice Ripper Project (2020)
for mezzo-soprano, piano | 00:08:00
by Melissa Dunphy | text by Maren Montalbano
There is no score for this work currently available. Please contact the composer for more information.
The Bodice Ripper Project is a one-woman show by Maren Montalbano, exploring sexuality through the lens of humor, storytelling, and original music. At the intersection of romantic tropes and operatic gender power dynamics, Maren weaves in her own story of childhood sexual abuse and how reading romantica helped her heal.
The live premiere of this work was postponed by the COVID-19 pandemic; the score will be available after the live premiere.
Artwork by Brooke Borg
- 19 Feb, 2022: Maren Montalbano at Society Hill Dance Academy, Philadelphia, PA
- 11 Feb, 2022: Maren Montalbano at Live Premiere ePOP (virtual)
- 04 Oct, 2020: Maren Montalbano at Philadelphia Fringe Festival (online)
- 03 Oct, 2020: Maren Montalbano at Philadelphia Fringe Festival (online)
- 02 Oct, 2020: Maren Montalbano at Philadelphia Fringe Festival (online)