for SATB choir | 6:00
by Melissa Dunphy | text by Douay-Rheims Bible, 1899
Commissioned by the Whitman College Chamber Singers (Dr. Jeremy Mims, conductor). A setting of Acts 2:44-46 for a cappella choir.
"[Dunphy's] “Together” (the words are taken from the Acts of the Apostles, 2:44-46) is a beautiful piece with fascinating complexity. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
Melissa has a beautiful, clear and direct language. Without being trite or overly sentimental, her music speaks to the heart through gorgeous harmony and lucid text setting. [Boston Choral Ensemble]
And all they that believed were together and had all things common. Their possessions and goods they sold and divided them to all, according as every one had need. And continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they took their meat with gladness and simplicity of heart.
- 10 Sep, 2016: Voces Inauditae at Edinburgh College of Art, Scotland
- 31 May, 2015: Saint Louis Chamber Chorus at Union Avenue Christian Church, St. Louis, MO
- 19 Jun, 2013: Choral Arts Initiative at Newport Beach, CA
- 01 Oct, 2012: Whitman College Chamber Singers at Whitman College, WA
- Boston Choral Ensemble Annual Commission Competition - Honorable Mention 2015